1. Our commitment
We are committed to preserving and respecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988.
2. Collection of personal information
2.1 Information we collect from you
We collect personal information about our customers including contact information and any other personal information required to provide services to our customers.
We may also collect personal information (such as contact details) about persons who are not our customers, including former customers, persons who enter competitions and persons who provide personal information about others (for example, when referring customers to us).
2.2 Sensitive information
We do not collect sensitive information such as your race, religion, beliefs or sexual preference except where you have consented or where we are permitted or required by law to do so.
2.3 Web site cookies
3. What happens if you choose not to provide the information?
You do not have to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to, we may be unable to provide you with our services.
4. Use of personal information
We use your personal information:
- to identify you so that we can provide services to you;
- to improve the services we provide to you and to inform you about any improvements or changes in services;
- to market other services that we or third parties offer; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
5. Direct Marketing
We may use your information to tell you about our other Amity Property Group properties, products and services.
We may tell you about our products and services via direct mail, electronic direct mail, unsolicited telemarketing calls or any other means of direct communication.
Unless you tell us that you do not want to receive telemarketing calls from us, we may make telemarketing calls to your telephone numbers, even if your telephone numbers are listed on the National Do Not Call Register.
We may do this during the period you are a customer or have registered your interest with us. You may choose to opt out of receiving direct marketing (including unsolicited telemarketing calls) from us by contacting us email@example.com.
6. Disclosure of personal information
Generally, we will not disclose personal information we collect about you to any third parties without your prior consent. Similarly, we will not sell any information we collect about you.
However, we may disclose personal information about you (subject to confidentiality agreements where appropriate):
- to service providers who provide services to us, such as providers of help desk and support services;
- to credit reporting agencies;
- to third parties where you have given consent to the disclosure;
- to government, law enforcement and regulatory bodies where this is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations; and
- to parties to whom we sell all or part of our assets or business.
7. Non-identifying information
We may collect (and provide to third parties) information about the way you browse our website or other information on the Internet. This information cannot be used to identify you or any other individual customer or visitor to our website. The information is used to collect and analyse statistics about browsing behaviour for marketing and development purposes. For example, we may use such information to make improvements to our website.
8. You can access and correct information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to access the information we hold about you, please send an email to our privacy compliance officer (see contact details below) and we will respond to you within 30 days. A handling fee may be payable so that we can obtain the information you require.
You can also request that incorrect information about you be corrected or deleted.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generate in hard copy.
You should be aware that the Internet is not a secure environment. If you use the Internet to send us information, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk.
10. Updating our privacy statement
We may revise or update our privacy statement occasionally. We will inform our customers when this occurs by noting the update in the privacy statement link on the public website homepage.
11. Complaints and further information
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or would like further information please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer.
12. Contact details for our Privacy Compliance Officer
Telephone: +61 (0)3 9090 2500
Postal Address: Level 12, 600 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC, 3004